8077 Florence Ave,
Downey, CA 90240
OPEN TODAY Thursday September 21stGrand Reopening Click to View
(Valid until September 23rd 2017)
Dental Implants $49 month Invisalign $99 month
Braces $99 month
Childrens Special Exam, X-Rays and Cleaning $59.00
Call for Details
Sorry no Medi-Cal or Denti-Cal
Omid Barkhordar, DDS
Current Trends in Orthodontics
The field of orthodontics has had some dramatic advances of the past couple of years. The process to resolve crooked teeth or jaw issues is a much faster procedure than ever before. Perfect teeth alignment not only creates a beautiful and confident smile but also improves your overall dental health significantly. They also function better and much easier to keep clean, bright and are far less prone to decay.
Overbites, underbites, crossbites, crowded teeth, gaps in teeth, and crooked teeth are some of the most common orthodontic challenges that can now be resolved faster and more efficiently than before. There is nothing more awarding for us at Downey Dental Arts than to see our patients attain the smile they have been wanting.
Types of Braces
Braces are the traditional method of treatment to correct many alignment problems. Some of the options available to you include:
- Metal Braces– the most common choice for patients to choose are metal braces since they are more affordable. Metal braces are created from steel brackets that are held to specific teeth with a powerful adhesive. The brackets anchor the wires and elastics. You can customize your braces by choosing different colored elastics which is often looked as a fashion statement. Young people in particular love to change the colors of the elastics as an enhancement feature.
- Porcelain Braces – these types of braces are far less visible than metal braces. They are made out of composite materials that are designed to match the natural color of your teeth. Maintaining the correct color and generally caring for these type of braces will be fully explained.
- Invisalign®- the most desired procedure for aligning teeth is the Invisalign® procedure as the aligners are virtually invisible. The aligners work for almost all challenges. You are given custom crafted aligners that slowly move your teeth into the correct position. Going with Invisalign® has many advantages as they are easy to use and invisible while you wear them.
Jaw and Bite Corrections: Other Objectives
Jaw misalignments can be treated by certain orthodontic procedures. These braces are placed to move the teeth in the jaw to support in aligning a jaw issue. A lower jaw that is underdeveloped can also be resolved by using this specific type of braces. Every person is individually diagnosed and every situation is different and in some cases it may take several processes to complete the finished look. In order to achieve the end result, there are some steps that need to be followed in order to make your treatment process smooth:
- Always wear the appliance as directed and prescribed by your dentist
- Always come back to the office asap if you feel any type of discomfort and we will correct the issue
- Be mindful of where you keep your appliance at all times to prevent misplacement – it may be a good idea to keep your removable appliance in a case with your contact information in case you happen to lose it
Orthodontic treatment is a financial investment and commitment, however, there are reasonable payment plans available that make it possible for almost anyone to get treatment. The end result is not only increased self-confidence but also a life-altering change.
Our patients become like family to us here at Downey where we encourage them to stay motivated through every step. We use only the latest and greatest photographic systems and other visual tools for you to track your progress of your treatment. We promise to bring a healthy and glowing smile to your face that you will keep forever.
His staff is super friendly and he’s downtown in a great local. I’m a very happy patient, and love my new dentist. I highly recommend him!
- D.E. Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Omid was friendly and courteous. He explained what needed to be done and gave me options. I never felt pressured. I’m glad I found this office.