Request Appointment for Dental Abrasions
Dental Abrasions Downey, CA
Are your uneven and chipped teeth starting to wear you down? Dental abrasions can lead to an unsightly and unhealthy smile that can hurt your overall health and confidence.
At Downey Dental Arts, we offer professional dental abrasion treatment that will beautifully restore the appearance and health of your teeth. We’ll make sure that you leave our office with a strong smile that you’ll be proud to share.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
A dental abrasion occurs when your tooth’s surface is wearing down at an unusually fast rate. They usually present themselves as v-shaped indents, located at the bottom of your tooth. Many unhealthy dental habits and factors can lead to the appearance of a dental abrasion, such as:
- Having mouth piercings that hit against your teeth
- Using too much strength while brushing your teeth
- Dental clasps on dentures that don’t fit properly
- Drinking and eating highly acidic foods and beverages often
- Using a hard bristle toothbrush when brushing
Symptoms of Dental Abrasions
Dental abrasions can not only disrupt your life but can also create serious oral complications such as nerve and tissue exposure and damage. A dental abrasion can also make your smile and overall appearance look worn down and tired. Some symptoms that could be indicative of a dental abrasion are:
- Helps prevent your tooth from decaying
- Protects your tooth from invasive debris and bacteria
- Gives your teeth a more even and polished appearance
- Long lasting results with proper dental care
Ways to Help Prevent Dental Abrasions
Downey Dental Arts is here to help address your dental abrasions! Our highly experienced and caring Dr. Omid Barkhordar and his staff utilize the most advanced technology and techniques to gently and expertly correct dental abrasions. After your treatment, there are some things you can do to help make sure dental abrasions do not develop in the future, including:
- Ensuring you’re up to date on your biannual routine dental checkup
- Following Dr. Barkhordar’s instructions on how to brush your teeth properly
- Stopping bad habits such as chewing on objects like pens and your nails
- Making sure your dental appliances are the proper fit
- Brushing your teeth with the right amount of force
Let Us Help Renew Your Smile!
Give us a call at (562) 445-3363 and find out today how our dental abrasion treatment can help restore your smile!