Request Appointment for Dental Abrasions
Dental Abrasions Downey, CA
Are your uneven and chipped teeth starting to wear you down? Dental abrasions can lead to an unsightly and unhealthy smile that can hurt your overall health and confidence.
At Downey Dental Arts, we offer professional dental abrasion treatment that will beautifully restore the appearance and health of your teeth. We’ll make sure that you leave our office with a strong smile that you’ll be proud to share.
What Are Dental Abrasions?
A dental abrasion occurs when your tooth’s surface is wearing down at an unusually fast rate. They usually present themselves as
- Having mouth piercings that hit against your teeth
- Using too much strength while brushing your teeth
- Dental clasps on dentures that don’t fit properly
- Drinking and eating highly acidic foods and beverages often
- Using a hard bristle toothbrush when brushing
Symptoms of Dental Abrasions
Dental abrasions can not only disrupt your life but can also create serious oral complications such as nerve and tissue exposure and damage. A dental abrasion can also make your smile and overall appearance look worn down and tired. Some symptoms that could be indicative of a dental abrasion are:
- Very small, v-shaped nicks that have popped up on the bottom of your teeth, near the gum line.
- Pain in your teeth that is constant and disruptive
- Gums that are sore or that have a generally uncomfortable feeling
- Tooth sensitivity to cold and hot food and drinks
Ways to Help Prevent Dental Abrasions
Downey Dental Arts is here to help address your unattractive dental abrasions! Our highly experienced and caring Dr. Omid Barkhordar and his staff utilize the most advanced technology and techniques to gently and expertly correct dental abrasions. After your treatment, there are some things you can do to help make sure dental abrasions do not develop in the future, including:
- Using the appropriate amount of strength when you brush your teeth
- Ensuring all your dental appliances fit comfortably in your mouth
- Making sure you follow Dr. Barkhordar’s guidelines on how to correctly brush your teeth
- Refraining from chewing your nails or objects, like pencils
- Coming in for your routine dental checkup on a biannual basis
Let Us Help Renew Your Smile!
Give us a call at (562) 445-3363 and find out today how our dental abrasion treatment can help restore your smile!